Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Less Can Be More - Marmee's Ways

   While expecting my little man I vowed to dress him in real clothes every day. I know as for myself if I am not fully dressed with makeup on my day is a wreck... I want my baby to feel ready to take on the world. I have always wanted to dress my babies in a manner that they woudn't look at their baby pictures and say "Marmee, why did you put that on me? "


    I believe there is a misconception that classic clothes are way too expensive. Well, if you can bear to wait a month or two after the adorable outfit comes out, the prices seem to even out! When I tell some people that Janie and Jack is my favorite they seem to think I have plenty of money, I too am on a budget, but I ALWAYS look in the clearance section and only buy from the clearance rack. If there is an outfit I like I keep an eye out for it online and after a few weeks wait for it to be on sale and when I'm lucky, in the clearance isle.

 Take a look at these two outfits and can you guess the prices?? The first is from Osh Kosh...nothing pricey right? The second is from Janie and Jack.

On sale this Janie and Jack outfitis $5 less than the Osh Kosh outfit 

I have tried buying a couple cute outfits from Gymboree or Osh Kosh but they never last more than the season and that is definitely disappointing! My mom still has Janie and Jack outfits from years ago! I would rather buy good quality clothes even if they may be a few dollars more. 

Something else I have noticed with buying nicer, better quality items is that you are MORE careful , with everything. If you have a plenty of onesies and pants we tend to not be as careful but if you have fewer, nicer, good quality items we are usually more cautious.

I do buy a few Carter's one pieces for during the week and then dress him up for the weekend. I know several of people on a budget shop at thrift clothes and I have even found Janie and Jack, in almost perfect condition at nice thrift stores. Ebay is also a great resource, that I use often


As for me I seem to think that less is indeed more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...