Monday, August 24, 2015

Great Gifts Under $15- That Thing Called a Budget

      It can be difficult to find a meaningful gift on a budget. Especially when you're in Target and after purchasing a few small gifts, wrapping, and a card it's around $30. With a large extended family and at least 2-3 birthdays a month it adds up quickly.

    I found this adorable printable for $4 and I had it printed for $3. I purchased the frame from Walmart for $4. I hopped into their back to school clearance and found a notebook for $2. With tax my gift was $15

I simply tied a ribbon around it and wrote a birthday message on the inside to avoid paying  for a $3 card. 


   My mom taught me that framed pictures are always a win and now I love them. Especially with family a framed print is always cherished. Don't feel worried about checking out the clearance section in Target or Marshalls. Try not to focus on the price but if it's beautiful and something he/she would enjoy and if it happens to be on clearance for $3 buy it!

I have a little confession, I hate buying cards, they are so pricey and unless it's hilarious or adorable I just avoid them. After all its truly about what you actually write rather than the card. I purchased stock paper from Hobby Lobby using my 40% off coupon so just around $3 for a 100 sheets and I write all my notes on them... I chose the creme colored paper which makes them look even prettier and a little more formal. From birthday messages to a just-because-note they are perfect for every occasion.

 

 Here is a little new mama gift with Mothers Milk Tea (most amazing tea for nursing mamas) I already had, EOS $3, chocolate bar $2, baby socks were on sale, lip gloss $2.50, notepad $1 and I grabbed a few things for her 2 other little ones to keep them busy $3 in the dollar section of Target. That was all $15, I had the tea already , if you were buying tea it would have been $19.




Target can be great to through a gift together with random items for a movie night  they have a great $5 movie section. The basket was $3, nail polish $2.50,  the candy was only $1 each(great filler), and everyone always needs a water bottle was $3 grand total of $15.50. I love giving gifts I wish I could have a job of just putting gifts together at an affordable price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...