Friday, August 21, 2015

Bedroom Re-do on That Thing Called a Budget


              I decided to give my room a much needed makeover since it looked pretty sad and really haven't been a fan of the lighter wood(that's what happens when your spouse buys furniture BEFORE you meet-haha), I started my Pinterest search for chic bedroom yet still on the traditional side...Here are the before pictures-

(These were taken the day after we moved in)




As you can see just Blah! 

It was so dark, I never saw the previous owner's decor but I enjoy bright happy colors. So I got to it. I first started by priming the furniture.  This was quite the ordeal. I bought a 5 gallon bucket of primer($60) and a light milky cream paint ($30). I had to put 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of Behr paint and coat of antique glaze (free from a friend) and finally a coat of polyurethane. Whew it was quite the project.




Of course I found out I was pregnant in the middle of my project and morning sickness began, my dear husband was so patient with me!

Then I actually painted the furniture and added the glaze


I even left the same knobs and they looked fine and that saved me quite a bit of money! 

trying out colors

Moving onto painting the room. I had to prime it due to the dark previous color and how light my new color was. 




After several samples I ended up choosing Ashes by Behr


Ah it is just so fresh and clean!





And finally.... a finished bedroom





So instead of buying an entire new bedroom set I repainted everything about about $100, the curtains I bought the fabric from JoAnn's for $40. The chairs from Tjmaxx were $150 for both. and I spent $150 for all my decor including lamps mostly from Hobby Lobby














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...