Friday, August 21, 2015

Baby Wearing- Marmee's Ways

     Being pregnant and trying to imagine carrying around more than my big tummy along with a car seat and diaper bag  was difficult since I am pretty short. So I had to find another option. A friend let me try her Ergo on and I loved it but she made the mistake of showing me her ring sling as well. I couldn't decide which one and she assured me I would use both so I bit the bullet and bought both. I wanted the color to be grey, in order to work for boy or girl.



   I don't actually like the look of the sling, so I looked for a cute design on Etsy but could only find cotton and was a little worried that the baby would have trouble staying cool, so I searched for a linen sling. Ebay was a lifesaver where I found a nice Maya Sling for $60/free shipping versus $80 on their site and they do not have free shipping. My baby loves it, it is so cozy and he would stay in it all day if he could. Their head should be visible but when they are so tiny it can be a little difficult. It's easy to carry around and easy to put on with a newborn. My hormonal changes include perspiring so once it got in the 90 degree weather I couldn't use it as much.




Now that he is a little bigger (over 12lbs), we love using the Ergo as well. It makes grocery shopping so doable. You mamas know how how it is to try grocery shopping with a baby, by the time the car seat and diaper bag  are in the cart there is barely any room for groceries. It is also much easier to soothe him if he is being fussy rather than trying to please him in the seat. He has gotten so used to it that whether he falls asleep in the car seat or carrier I can move him back and forth and it doesn't bother him one bit, he will usually go right back to sleep. I found the Ergo at a baby outlet store for $70 that included the infant insert. On Amazon its costs $134 (free shipping if you have Prime). 


By shopping around I got my brand new , in the package Ergo and  brand new in the package Ring Sling for $130! That's $4 less than the usual price of one Ergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...