Thursday, September 24, 2015

Stir-fried Chicken with Snow Peas- The In-Laws are Coming!

      I'm always looking for tasty recipes that have low sugar but they MUST be easy...This stir-fry look  a little longer than my 5 minute prep(making rice and veggies)...it was so worth it though! I made a few changes to the recipe since I forgot a few ingredients...oops. It tasted great though!
You know when you just NEED something different? with a little more taste...this was totally the answer. The recipe below is what I actually made.

      This recipes calls for soy sauce and hoisin sauce but I really really wanted to keep the sugar low so rather than making the sauce with 1/3 cup of hoisin sauce I only used 1/4 cup and rather than 2T of soy sauce I used 1T and it was PLENTY for sure!

                   First I made the rice and I love adding a little chicken base to my rice
Makes it so tasty!


The recipe calls for-
1/4 C hoisin sauce 
1/4 C water            
1T soy sauce         
1/4 t ref pepper flakes 
 3T  coconut oil
 4 chicken thighs trimmed and sliced
1 large orange pepper
6 oz of snow peas trimmed
4 garlic cloves
1T zested ginger



Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce, water and red pepper flakes
Set aside



In a large skillet or wok heat one tablespoon of oil on medium. Cook chicken in two batches 
until no longer pink and set aside.

                                    

              Heat the remaining oil and saute the pepper for about 5 minutes until softened.


Add snow peas and cook another 3 minutes

                                                         
                            Move the vegetables to the side and add garlic and ginger to the
                                             middle cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant

Then add the chicken and a little bit of the oil juices from the chicken


Finally add the hoisin sauce and cook until well mixed and sauce 
thickens somewhat.


Serve over rice and enjoy!

(oh my that is an AWFUL picture but the husband was getting impatient with waiting for dinner- oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...