Monday, September 14, 2015

Benefits of Coconut Oil- Marmees Ways

     Coconuts are absolutely incredible they can help improve health, weight loss, hair, skin and much more. To begin with, I despise the taste of coconut oil....like completely hate it. I have found a coconut oil that has NO coconut taste(due to steam deodorizing) and is reasonably priced so coconut lovers and haters unite!



    I have used coconut oil for the past year and really have been happy with it. We rarely use butter or any other oil. I think I have bought maybe 5lbs of butter in the past year and I have had a small olive oil for specific recipes. As you know well butter and olive oil aren't cheap either. I use it for EVERYTHING from sautéing vegetables, to baking, to toothpaste, to baby lotion, to skin care and much more! I purchase my coconut oil from Tropical Traditions

Their website has great toothpaste as well! No taste whatsoever other than a hint of peppermint. Watch out for their sales they have great sales! No chemical processing at all.


 I love this list of 101 uses for coconut oil. I can vouch for several of them! I recently learned that olive oil can't be shouldn't be used on a high heat.

Now for the nasty information- Canola oil.....

Have you ever seen a field of canola oil growing? Or is it something that grows on a tree like olives or coconut? Hmmmmm....now that it's mentioned I don't recall.....that's because there is NO such thing as a canola plant, Canola stands for This new oil was first developed in Canada, and the name Canola actually comes from the term, Canadian oil, low acid.



In nature, there is actually no such thing as a “Canola plant” that produces “Canola stands for "CANadian, Oil, Low Acid" gross right? I'm starting to think it would work better in my lawn mower rather than my body. Here is a quote from Dr. Mercola:

"Canola oil was developed from the rape seed, a member of the mustard family. Rape seed is unsuited to human consumption because it contains a very-long-chain fatty acid called erucic acid, which under some circumstances is associated with fibrotic heart lesions. It has a high sulfur content and goes rancid easily. Baked goods made with canola oil develop mold very quickly. During the deodorizing process, the omega-3 fatty acids of processed canola oil are transformed into the dangerous trans fatty acids, similar to those in margarine, and possibly more dangerous. A recent study indicates that 'heart healthy' canola oil actually creates a deficiency of vitamin E, a vitamin required for a healthy cardiovascular system. Other studies indicate that even low-erucic-acid canola oil causes heart lesions, particularly when the diet is low in saturated fat."

"Canola oil is actually much better suited as an industrial oil than as a food item. Cargill corporation boasts that canola can be used in place of mineral oil, and that its applications include metal working fluids, hydraulic fluids and fire resistant hydraulic fluids. Canola oil is also used to give magazines a glossy finish."

Read more here about Canola oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...